I love easy, delicious roasted veggies, and roasted cauliflower is a major favorite of mine; however, this was the first time I’ve roasted the whole thing as one, and not only is it easy but it’s also delicious. Try this easy whole roasted cauliflower as a delicious addition to any meal- or you can even have it on its own as a cauliflower steak option for a meal.
To shake up this recipe try adding various herbs and spices, like turmeric, paprika, chili powder, extra salt and pepper, even mustard powder works!
Easy Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 40-45 minutes
Makes: 3-4 portions
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Dash salt and pepper
Tahini dipping sauce (optional):
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower but leave it whole (don’t cut!).
- While the oven is pre-heating, place the cauliflower face down in a pot filled half way with water and boil for 10-12 minutes (this is to help get the inside of the cauliflower soft).
- After 10-12 minutes, remove the cauliflower from the pot and place in a baking pan, then using a fork poke holes in the cauliflower (6-8 is sufficient).
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower and rub in with your hands, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden-brown (as pictured).
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and allow to cool before cutting.
- In a small bowl whisk together ingredients for optional dipping sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!