A cozy dessert that won’t leave you feeling guilty is exactly what we all need a little (or a lot) more of- like this strawberry apple crumble. I love crumbles and other fruit-based desserts because they don’t leave you feeling totally guilty and they contain some delicious and healthy nutrients that we can all use a little more of. Like the anti-cancer antioxidant, quercitin, found in the skin of the apple, or the anti-inflammatory nutrient, anthocyanin found in strawberries.
What’s great about this recipe, is that it’s versatile, flexible and really easy to make- so you can make it on a whim, without too much prior commitment, and enjoy it in under 30 minutes! Pair this yummy crumble with your favorite dairy free ice cream for an almost guilt-free dessert.
Strawberry Apple Crumble
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Kitchen equipment you’ll need: Ramekins
- 1/2 apple, chopped up
- 5 dates
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- Dash of cinnamon
Inside the crust:
- 3/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine crust ingredients (except coconut flour) in a vitamix or other powerful blender- and blend together until chopped up and combined (20-30 seconds)- it doesn’t have to be homogenous.
- Empty the contents of the blender into a smaller bowl and fold in the coconut flour with a spoon or a spatula, then set aside.
- Slice and prepare the fruit for the inside of the crust (as above), then line the ramekins with the fruit.
- Divided the crust/topping into two portions and scoop it on top of the sliced fruit in the ramekins.
- Bake the ramekins with the strawberry apple crumble inside, for 15-20 minutes or until the top is crusty and brown (and a little crunchy).
- Serve with your favorite ice cream if you desire!
Want more dessert? Click here!