Meet my new favorite veggie to roast- delicata squash. It’s so delicious and also SO easy (and we know that I’m a fan of easy-to-make veggies and dishes!). I’ve made so many different types of squash but this one was new for me.
I like squash because it’s less starchy than potatoes and also loaded with key nutrients like beta carotene and potassium that are heart healthy and anti-cancer. I also love squash because it’s versatile and can be used in many different ways as part of a recipe.
Try making this easy roasted delicata squash for an easy addition to your next meal or salad. Enjoy it!
Easy Roasted Delicata Squash
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 30-45 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 delicata squash, cut in half length-wise, seeds scooped out and sliced (as pictured)
- 1-2 tsp avocado oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the delicata squash as above (cut, scoop, slice) and lay the slices out on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle avocado oil on top of the squash along with the dash of salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and allow to cook for 20 or so minutes then flip the squash and allow to cook for another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy!