Peanut butter cups… yes please! This easy recipe makes having peanut butter cups in your household maybe a little too easy. I wanted something sweet and didnt have anything around that I REALLY wanted to eat, so I figured I’d experiment with a few ingredients that I had in my cabinets. Thanks to two of my fave companies- Justin’s and Enjoy Life I was able to come up with these tasty treats!
Try this delicious recipe for easy peanut butter cups (just be careful not to eat them all at once!). I like to have these yummy treats as a snack (oopsie- I know I tell my clients not to have chocolate as a snack but every once in a while even I do!) or as a dessert option. I also like to store them in the freezer for longer keeping. Enjoy these!
Easy Peanut Butter Cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 8-10 peanut butter cups
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate (70% or greater, I used Enjoy Life Chocolate)
- On a tray, lay out 8-10 cupcake liners (paper or silicone).
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate- stirring every few miuntes.
- Once the chocolate is melted, using a teaspoon, layer the melted chocolate (down first), followed by ½ tsp of peanut butter, finished with another ½-1 tsp melted dark chocolate- in each liner (chocolate, peanut butter, chocolate- like a sandwich!). Make sure you start and finish the “cup” with chocolate to help ensure that the chocolate sets right and the peanut butter stays inside.
- Place the tray into the freezer and freeze for 10-20 minutes or until solid and the chocolate has been allowed to set (the chocolate setting is the most important part since the peanut butter really won’t set in cold!).
- Once the chocolate has set and cooled, remove from freezer- serve and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge or freezer for best results!