There’s nothing better than a fresh pesto, especially in the summertime on a warm day! This easy kale pesto is a variation from a more traditional pesto as there isn’t any fresh basil, and it’s also dairy-free (for all you dairy-free people out there!).
I just love having this pesto around because you can use it in so many different and fun ways to make any dish more exciting. I will also be using this kale pesto as the base for many other recipes to come!
Easy Kale Pesto
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: About 1 1/2 cups
- 1 bunch kale, blanched and stem removed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Dash salt and pepper
- Wash and blanch the kale (to blanch you submerse the kale in boiling water for 30 seconds then immediately put it into an ice bath).
- In a blender combine all of the ingreidents- blanched kale, pine nuts, avocado oil, juice and zest of lemon, garlic, nutritional yeast, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Blend on high until mixture is homogenous.
- Serve with your favorite dishes- on salmon, in dressings, on top of zucchini noodles, and more!9