In honor of National Kale Day (October 7th), here’s a favorite recipe of mine that I want to share with you! Simple to make, easy kale chips that are sure to please.
These chips are super easy to make, and although I added nutritional yeast to them for flavor, you can add spicy flavors like chili powder, more garlic, infused olive oil and so much more- the sky is the limit!
Try these kale chips at your next gathering, or for dinner!
Easy Kale Chips
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 3-4 servings
- 1 bunch curly or dinosaur kale, washed and chopped into 2” squares
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (let it sit for 10 minutes before you cook it!)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and chop the kale (off of the stalk) and chop or slice the garlic and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl mix together olive oil, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper, then add kale and garlic.
- Add the kale and garlic to the mixing bowl and mix together with the olive oil mixture vigorously by using your hands for 1 minute or so; then allow the kale to sit for 10 minutes to marinade before cooking.
- Lay the kale out on the baking sheet (this may take you two rounds depending on the amount of kale you have and the size of the baking sheet) and place the sheet into the oven.
- After 7-8 minutes mix the kale around on the tray to avoid burning.
- After 15 minutes or so, or once the kale is crispy (but not burned), remove the kale from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!