This smoothie recipe is an all-time favorite of mine and one that I usually find is a great one for beginners or anyone who isn’t super into juicing and eating loads of vegetables. This is because the banana and almond butter make the smoothie taste so good that most of the time it’s almost un-noticeable that there’s so much spinach in it.
On top of it being a super tasty smoothie, it’s also loaded with healthful nutrients:
- Almond butter: Eye and skin-healthy vitamin E
- Banana: Gut-healthy probiotics and metabolism-healthy b vitamins
- Spinach: Antioxidants, heart-healthy nutrients like potassium, muscle healthy magnesium, and brain healthy folate
- Cinnamon: Great for promoting balanced blood sugar
Easy Green Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 serving (16-20 oz, 500 ml)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- Dash cinnamon
- 8-10 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Wash and prepare ingredients.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy!