Easy and delicious dinner meals are my absolute favorite thing to make, and especially when they’re super flavorful like this easy chicken curry recipe. This chicken curry recipe was lightened up by using light coconut milk versus regular, full fat heavier coconut milks. I also used extra curry to make it extra flavorful as well!
Try this easy to make recipe for a quick and simple weeknight meal that’s sure to please. You can serve it by itself or over brown rice or cauliflower rice too to lighten up. As always, curry is gluten and dairy free, and packed with antioxidants and nutrients from the curry alone, but also from the veggies you choose to add in the making of the dish. I used onions, zucchini and peppers for the most part- onions are high in anti-cancer and antioxidant properties, and the zucchini and peppers are also a source of anti-inflammatory nutrients and fiber too. If you follow a lectin-free or low lectin diet you’ll want to switch out the zucchini and peppers for other veggies of your choice that are on a low/no lectin plan.
Enjoy this tasty recipe!
Easy Chicken Curry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 4 chicken breasts, 3-4 oz each, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers (your choice), seeded and chopped
- 4 zucchini squash, cut into 1/2 x 2″ sections
- 3 Tbsp red coconut curry paste
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 16 oz light coconut milk
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and put 1/2 the coconut oil (as above) into the pan and allow to melt – 30 seconds or so.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat the remainder of the coconut oil in a separate pan and allow to heat for 30 seconds or so- then add the veggies- onion, bell peppers, zucchini, garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes or until the veggies start to cook down.
- Add the ginger and curry paste to the veggie pan- and mix together.
- Add the chicken to the veggie pan and mix together, then add coconut milk (still over medium heat)- then reduce heat to low.
- Allow the curry to simmer- add the extra curry powder, stir and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve your curry over your favorite cauliflower rice or regular brown rice.
For more delicious entree recipes click here!