These easy chicken and vegetable bowls are totally up my alley (in fact I ate one of these today for lunch) – and what I love about them is that they are EASY, and made from ingredients I already had in the cabinet.
The key to a successful easy lunch bowl is that it’s made from ingredients you already have around the house, which means that you’re more likely to make it happen in a hurry (and I always feel like I’m in a hurry, if I’m totally honest).
Here’s the key to making an easy and healthy lunch is not having to assemble or prepare too much at the time you need to eat it, so here’s what’s key:
- Having a protein that’s already made and ready to eat
- Use leftovers or already made vegetables (I used cauliflower rice here, along with already made sweet potato fries and butternut squash fries)
- Having something green and fresh that you can put on top of/below the salad items
- Lettuce (I used fresh romaine here!)
- Fresh veggies (I buy spiralized carrots and butternut squash that I use for this)
- Broccoli or carrot slaw
…anything else you like!
Here’s what I did for my TASTY and easy chicken and vegetable bowl!
Easy Chicken and Vegetable Lunch Bowls
- 3-4 oz grilled or roasted chicken (or another protein)
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash (or other veggies like cauliflower or broccoli)
- 1/2 cup rice, quinoa or cauilflower rice
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- Get all of your ingredients out and ready to use
- Get your favorite bowl out and ready
- Add your ingredients to your bowl in a way that pleases you
- Dress with olive oil or your favorite dressing
- Eat and enjoy!