Grass-fed beef is a big item on our grocery list, especially because I find (lately) that organic chicken and poultry can be so hard to find. These lean and healthy easy beef burgers are so tasty, and they’re great because you can make extra to have the next day (always a plus!).
To flavor these burgers I add tomato sauce or ketchup as well as sautéed onion and herbs and spices while making them into patties. I usually serve these burgers over a bed of greens, and most always comes with avocado and some other veggies when served.
I hope you enjoy these burgers as much as I do!
Easy Beef Burgers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 burgers
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb grass-fed beef
- 2 Tbsp ketchup or tomato sauce
- Dash each: oregano, basil, salt, pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tsp olive oil or other oil.
- Add chopped onion to pan to saute- about 4 minutes or until soft- remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl mix together 1 lb grass-fed ground beef, ketchup, salt, pepper, dash each of oregano and basil, then add the sauted onion, then mix together and form patties (about 4-5 in total).
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil oil over medium heat and allow the oil to spread over the entire pan.
- Add the burgers to the pan and cook about 5 minutes per side or until cooked to desired consistency.
- Serve the burgers over a bed of lettuce or with your favorite sides
Here’s a few of my other favorite dinner options: