Just in time for Thanksgiving! My all time favorite, easy and pretty healthy, easy apple crisp. Apple crisp is totally a Thanksgiving favorite (honestly, an all-the-time favorite of mine!), and especially when served with a favorite dairy free ice cream, yum!
I find that often the crust of apple crisp and crumble is loaded with sugar and grains- so this version is both free of added sugar, and free of grains (YES!). That doesn’t mean you should be loading up on it- but it does mean you can have a little more of it, because it’s just a little more guilt free, which is always a great thing!
Try this apple crisp this Thanksgiving, or whenever you want to have it- you’ll definitely find it in my kitchen!
Easy Apple Crisp (Gluten and Dairy Free!)
Prep time: 5-7 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 servings (6 ramekins)
- 6 apples, sliced thin, layered inside each ramekin (1 per ramekin)
- 2 small apples
- 10 dates
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 4 Tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take your ramekins out of the cabinet and place them on the counter.
- For the insides: Slice the apples (REALLY thin- in whatever direction you like) and line the bottom of the ramekin (do this for each ramekin).
- For the crust: Add the apples, dates, peanut butter, cinnamon and salt- and blend until almost completely homogenous.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into a bowl and add the coconut flour- fold together.
- Using your hands, remove some of the crust from the bowl and add to top of each ramekin (as much or as little as you like)- until there’s crust on top of all of the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in the oven and bake for 20 or so minutes- or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes (careful! the ramekin is hot!) and add your favorite ice cream (this is Nada Moo!).
For more desserts click here!