Happy National Pumpkin Day! I LOVE pumpkin, and especially when it’s in something baked, that’s delicious and won’t wreak havoc on your waistline either (a trend i’m trying to promote as I LOVE dessert!). These delicious and almost-paleo pumpkin chocolate chip bars are so worth making and they’re also so easy as well.
To make them fully paleo you can swap the peanut butter for almond butter and for a variety of flavor you can try out different amounts of the pumpkin pie spice too in addition to cinnamon and other flavors that you might want to try.
Additionally you can also add in different things like walnuts, cranberries and other goodies!
Enjoy these yummy bars and happy halloween!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Makes: 9-12 bars
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 tsp gluten free baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray your dish with coconut oil or avocado oil to grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mashed banana, peanut butter, and pumpkin puree.
- Next add the honey, vanilla extract, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda- continue to mix together.
- Once mixed together, fold in chocolate chips.
- Next, spread the batter into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until you can remove a fork clean.
- Allow the bars to cool and then cut and serve!