Yum, yum, yum.
One of my ALL TIME favorite snacks as a kid (and adult) is pb & j (in whatever form). I have been caught many-a-time spooning some peanut butter, then jelly onto a spoon and eating it just like that.
I came across a similar recipe for something yummy like these, and I decided to make my own! These YUMMY goodies, are so easy to make, and you can use whatever nut butter you like. I just wanted to make the authentic pb & j so, I stuck with the original stuff!
This recipe take about 30 minutes, and I’d suggest keeping them in the freezer, because the nut butter can melt!
Enjoy these vegan, low sugar goodies!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30-45 minutes
Makes: 12-15 cups
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 3-4 Tbsp jelly, of your choice in flavor (mine was strawberry but you could make with apricot, grape or whatever you like!
Take out your mini muffin pan and line with liners or use a little coconut oil on a paper towel on the inside of each mini muffin holder (is that the right language?!).
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or over a double boiler on the stovetop (if you use the microwave, should take about 15-20 seconds or less).
- Combine the coconut oil with the peanut butter and stir until homogenous.
- Using a Tablespoon, put a tablespoon of the nut butter/coconut oil mixture in each mini muffin spot.
- Once there’s 1 Tbsp in each holder, put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to allow to set.
- Once set, remove the pan from the freezer and add a small dollop (about 1/3-1/2 tsp of jam) and spread with a spoon or fork- on each.
- Once all of the cups have jelly on them, add 1 more Tbsp to each of the cups (finish the mixture!).
- Once complete- place into the freezer and allow to set- about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! But keep them in the fridge/freezer!