There’s something so satisfying about a REALLY good chocolate chip cookie…
especially when they’re gooey vegan, nut free double chocolate (chip) cookies. Like these!
We love to experiment with new gluten and dairy free baking ingredients, so last week in the kitchen, Molly and I made these gooey and delicious cookies the are perfect for you to make and enjoy on your long weekend. These cookies are great because the tiger nut flour in them is higher in fiber and lower in fat and calories than other flours such as almond and coconut flours. You can also swap the peanut butter for almond butter or any other nut butter that you like. I can’t wait to hear how you like these!
Let’s get cooking!
Nut Free Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup Tigernut Flour
- 1/3 cup sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil- melted
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Tbsp monk fruit sweetener (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (or more!)- separate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 banana, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- Grease a cookie tray with a little coconut oil (we used a paper towel)
- First, combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and combine
- Begin to add the wet ingredients on top of the dry ones- mashed banana, nut butter, 2 tbsp melted chocolate chips, coconut oil, vanilla - mix together with a fork or whisk (or something similar)
- Next fold in the chocolate chips.With a spoon (or your hands!) make 1 inch balls with the dough
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown (but not burnt). Remove from the oven, and allow to cool
- Serve and enjoy!