During this years Super Bowl halftime show I whipped out these healthy, raw brownies and they were a huge success- so, I hope you’ll love them too!
These brownies are super easy to make, and you can basically replace any type of nut (same measurement) for those this recipe calls for. Additionally there isn’t any processed chocolate in the brownies, just raw and organic cacao powder- so you’re sure to get all of the heart-healthy flavonoids found in that raw and unprocessed chocolate. Enjoy them!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 60 minutes
- Makes: 12, 2-3″ brownies
- 2 cups dates
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup walnut meal
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- (optional) 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- In a food processor, process together ingredients- first the nuts, then add the dates, coconut flakes, cinnamon and salt- about 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is sticky and homogenous.
- Line a small to medium cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture onto the lined cookie sheet, then place a piece of cellophane wrap (cling-wrap) on top, and using a rolling pin, flatten the mixture.
- Place the brownies into the freezer for ~45-60 minutes.
- Remove and cut into squares; continue to store in fridge or freezer.