Who doesn’t love a healthy-ish treats? I certainly love to try my hand at making healthier desserts, as you may have noticed my raw chocolate brownies post from last weekend. This recipe in particular was inspired by a friend of mine who is an incredible gluten/dairy/vegan baker.
These peanut butter fudge-bites are made with coconut oil instead of butter (healthier fats), and has no added sugars (besides chocolate), unlike many similar baked goods. The best part? There are only three ingredients used in this recipe- so it’s not only tasty, but quick and easy too.
- Prep time: 5-10 minutes
- Total time: 30-40 minutes
- Makes: 8-10 fudge-bites
- 1/2 cup (organic, preferably) peanut butter
- 1 heaping Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Line a plate or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, using a spoon mix together peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut flakes and cinnamon.
- Once mixed thoroughly, cover bowl with cellophane wrap and put mixing bowl into the freezer; allow the mixture to harden for 10-15 minutes (the harder the mixture, the better).
- While the mixture is hardening in the freezer, melt the chocolate over a double boiler (or in the microwave if that is easier)- see picture above.
- Once the peanut butter & coconut mixture is hard enough (the surface of the mixture should be hard)- using a teaspoon form small (about 1-2 inches) balls of the mixture and place onto the lined cookie sheet .
- Spoon the melted chocolate (about 1 teaspoon per peanut butter ball) over the peanut butter & coconut balls.
- Once there is chocolate covering all of the peanut butter balls, place the cookie sheet into the freezer and allow to set for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the bites set, continue to store in the freezer to help promote freshness and to maintain shape.
Enjoy this delicious and healthy recipe!