These goodies are NOT to be missed!
I love pumpkin, all year long, and especially in the fall. I was experimenting with this recipe on a rainy yucky day and it turned out perfectly! Check these out.
These cookie bites could likely be made into flat cookies, but I like the fluffiness of them in “bite” form, so I left them this way. You could also add a number of different ingredients too- like raisins, coconut chips, pistachios, extra sugar (I added none), and more.
Not only are these cookie bites yummy, but they’re also good for you as well- because they’re loaded with fiber, healthy fat and gut-healthy probiotics.
For the lowest sugar version (this version), make sure you use dates as the only sweetener.
Enjoy these yummy bites! They’re paleo friendly and vegan.
Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cookie Bites
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Makes: 12-15 cookie bites
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3 heaping tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup 100% dark (or something like it) chocolate chips, melted (2 rounds of 30 seconds in the microwave should do it!)
- Dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray your baking sheet with avocado or coconut oil- set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend on low/medium for about 1 minute or until the dough is homogenous (or mostly)- it’ll be a thicker, heavier dough.
- Remove the dough from the blender, and roll into 1″ balls and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until the outside is slightly crispy/firm).
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, and allow to cool before eating or storing, YUM!