I LOVE Chocolate Chip Cookies…
but most store bought cookies are filled with not-so-good for you ingredients like trans-fats, processed sugars and artificial flavoring. A little indulgence here and there doesn’t hurt, but my health-ified version of Chocolate Chip Cookies will really satisfy your sweet tooth, and leave you feeling good after. And even better, this recipe is gluten-free, vegan, AND has no added sugar which means they can be enjoyed by almost anyone!
I’ve been using tigernut flour in a lot of my dessert recipes lately. I love it because it is super high in fiber, and lower in fat when you compare it to many other gluten free flours. I used a bit of un-sweetened shredded coconut, and a mashed banana for some added sweetness and flavor. After these cookies baked, they are HUGE, thats why I’m calling them Colossal Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Colossal Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
Makes: 6 large cookies
- 1 Tbsp almond butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Tigernut flour
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, F and grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter (I do it together in a little bowl in the microwave for about 20 seconds). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, tiger nut flour, coconut, vanilla extract, salt and pumpkin pie spice, and melted coconut oil and almond butter- mix together until a dough forms (if the dough is too wet add a little more coconut).
- Fold in the chocolate chips until homogenous (or so).
- Form the cookies into balls (or blobs) using a tablespoon.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool and then serve and enjoy!