Chocolate covered strawberries are an absolute favorite of mine- especially when I make them myself!
This year for Valentines Day dessert I made these simple chocolate & coconut-covered strawberries- I hope you enjoy them!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 20-30 minutes
- Makes: 10-12 strawberries
- Parchment paper & platter
- 10-12 medium to large strawberries, washed and dried
- 3/4-1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- (optional) 1/8 cup cacao nibs
1. Line a platter with parchment paper.
2. Wash and dry (well) the strawberries.
3. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips until completely melted (see video for example).
4. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate, then optional other ingredients.
5. Once all of the strawberries have been dipped, put the tray of strawberries into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!