Chocolate chip muffins that are loaded with anti-cancer beta-carotene… Yes please! These sweet potato chocolate chip muffins are gluten and dairy free as well as paleo, so what’s not to love?
Enjoy these muffins as a healthier-alternative to other chocolate chip muffins for breakfast, as a snack, or as dessert!
Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes: 12 mini muffins (or 6 regular-sized muffins)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (to grease pan)
- 1 sweet potato spiralized using finest blade, then “riced” in food processor (basically it’s the consistency of rice)–> total 1 cup riced
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- Dash cinnamon and salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut shreds (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease pan with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want another yummy muffin recipe? Try these Carrot Coconut Muffins!