We love brownies! Brownies are a sure crowd pleaser- especially when they’re totally delicious and chocolatey; and you’ll be even more popular when they realize these have NO added sugar whatsoever. These vegan, gluten free and dairy free, paleo-friendly brownies are great for snacks, dessert and family holiday gatherings. If you want to make these chocolate chip brownie bites even more festive you can add some crushed up candy cane to the top before baking (or half way baking).
The hallmark of these brownies and most of my other desserts is that I make sure to spare added sugar whenever possible to help keep these as low calorie, and you as trim, as possible.
Enjoy these tasty brownies!
Chocolate Chip Brownie Bites
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 10-12 brownie bites (made in a muffin pan)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 heaping Tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (folded in)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (I didn’t grease the pan because it was a nonstick, but you can if you would like to with a little bit of coconut oil!).
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, peanut butter (or almond butter), cocoa powder, baking soda and coconut flour. Mix until almost homogenous (don’t use a blender or an electric mixer- you don’t need it).
- Next, fold the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the mini muffin pan (about 1-2 heaping tsp each).
- Place the mini muffin pan into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the batter.
- Allow to cool, then serve and enjoy!
Want more dessert? Click here!