YUM. That’s what this recipe is! Just totally yum. I love brownies (and everything dessert… as you may already know!). Chocolate has definitely been on my agenda lately, and many of the desserts I’ve been experimenting with have been made with pumpkin and/or something chocolate, but why not– it’s tasty and good for you!
Did you know? Chocolate/cocoa is good for your brain, your heart, your hormones, and your mood. I’m not talking the processed kind of chocolate, but the raw and unprocessed type- like in these brownies. In fact, the more unprocessed (and thereby less sweet) the chocolate is, the better it is for you!
Pumpkin, which is also used in this recipe is loaded with skin and body-healthy beta carotene as well as vitamins A and C, key for your immune system. And of course last but not least, peanut butter. Peanut butter is a controversial food for many reasons, but it does contain protein, healthy fat, and it’s really satisfying. If you have trouble with peanut butter (or if you’re allergic) you can switch to almond butter or cashew butter in this recipe!
Enjoy these tasty and easy brownies!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Makes: 1 x medium sized loaf pan (8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″) or two small loaf pans (2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ or so)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 2-3 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the inside of a baking dish (loaf pan) with a little coconut oil unless it’s a nonstick pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients until well mixed (you don’t have to use a blender or electric mixer but you can).
- Once the ingredients are well combined, pour into your loaf pan (s).
- Place the loaf pan or pans into the preheated oven and allow to cook until you can remove a toothpick clean from the middle of the brownies (between 35-50 minutes depending on your oven and the pans you use!).
- Allow the brownies to cool, then serve and enjoy them!
Note: I keep mine in the fridge, because they don’t have any flour sometimes they can get a little messy when left at room temp or warmer, so I’d suggest you keep them cool – they’ll last longer and better!)
Want more tasty desserts? Click here!