3 ingredient chocolate truffles, yum!
Just because you’re starting your new year off in a healthy way doesn’t mean you need to be totally deprived. Truffles are a FAVE, but they’re usually loaded with calories, sugar and a lot of fat. These are still a source of fat, but a healthier source of fat (thanks to the avocado)- and they’re SUPER easy to make (even I was surprised) and totally delicious. Even my pickiest eater uncle, loved them!
Next time I make them, I’ll add various toppings, but this time I kept it super simple. If you have favorites that you want to try and add, go ahead- it’ll only make these yummy truffles even tastier.
Enjoy these yummy and easy vegan morsels!
3 Ingredient Chocolate Truffles
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Makes: 10-12 truffles
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 cup cocoa (for dusting)
- Optional toppings: Crushed peppermint bark, sea salt, coconut shreds
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave (about 30 seconds or so), set aside.
- In your food processor, process the avocado (without the skin)- until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate to the food processor and continue to process for 30-45 seconds or until homogenous.
- Remove the chocolate-avocado mixture from the food processor and place in the fridge for 30 seconds to form a harder mixture.
- Once 30 minutes has passed, remove the mixture from the fridge and using about 1/2-3/4 tsp amount, form balls from the avocado-chocolate mixture.
- Roll the balls it the cocoa dusting and add your toppings as desired.
- Store in the fridge until you want to enjoy!