Carrot cake is one of my absolute and all-time favorites, however being gluten and dairy free, it’s not too friendly for me anymore (sadly); so, I’ve had to come up with better and healthier carrot cake alternatives for me (and also for all of you fellow gluten and dairy free friends!) to eat as a treat, and these are a definite hit… and just in time for July 4th weekend!
These raw carrot cake bites have no added sweeteners, and are naturally sweetened by the dried figs and other ingredients including the beta-carotene rich carrots. You can serve these tasty morsels as a delicious summertime treat or even as a snack- or for example this upcoming July 4th weekend!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30-45 minutes
- Makes: 10-12 bites (1-2″ each)
- 2 carrots
- 1/8 cup almonds
- 4 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 4 dried figs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Prepare ingredients- wash carrots, and lay out all ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to food processor or vitamix and mix until mixture is homogenous- about 45-60 seconds.
- Using a teaspoon or mini ice-cream scoop, scoop out batter to small 1-2 inch balls and place on platter.
- Put platter into the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until cake balls become harder.
- Serve and enjoy or store in refrigerator until ready to eat.