Just in time for fall… a salad that you can enjoy either cool or warm!
Lately I’ve been totally obsessed with roasted carrots- on everything. They’ve shown up as a means for dipping hummus, in salads, and even on their own- I just love them. Carrots often get a bad wrap for having so “too much sugar”- but frankly, there’s many other things in most of our diets that have plenty more sugar and less than half of the nutritional value. So, I think they’re pretty great. The avocado in this salad is also filling and loaded with healthy fat and the carrots (you already know that I think they’re awesome) are loaded with eye-healthy nutrients like vitamins A and C as well as beta carotene.
Enjoy this delicious salad!
Carrot and Avocado Salad
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 30-40 minutes
Makes: 1-2 servings
- 4-5 carrots peeled and chopped into rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 avocado, cut up into cubes
- Dash salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash, chop and prepare carrots and place onto the baking sheet.
3. Pour olive oil, salt and pepper over the carrots and mix gently with your hands.
4. Place the tray into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until carrots are soft and lightly browned (stir about every 10 minutes).
5. Remove tray from oven and allow carrots to cool slightly.
6. Place carrots into bowl and add avocado to dish, then sprinkle a touch more salt and pepper for flavor.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Want more veggies? Click here!