There’s nothing better than pancakes—especially when they’re tasty.
These gluten free, “almost” paleo pancakes (only because they have a banana and a little bit of quinoa flour) are light, protein-packed, and will help to keep your waist whittled. I used quinoa flour instead of commonly used coconut flour as I think it’s easier to cook with and also quicker to cook with.
Try these pancakes for breakfast, brunch- or at any time of the day for that matter! Pair them with fruit, nut butter or anything else you like. Enjoy them!
Easy Gluten Free Pancakes
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash salt
- In a medium mixing bowl- mix together, banana, quinoa flour, eggs, almond milk, water, extract cinnamon and dash of salt; mix until homogenous- use an electric mixer or simply use a fork or whisk and some good old-fashioned elbow grease.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, add the cooking spray then let the pan heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once the pan is heated, pour the batter into 3-4” pancakes on the griddle.
- Cook the pancakes for 4-5 minutes, until the edges of the pancakes are cooked, then flip and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Pancakes should be golden brown when cooked.
- Drizzle a touch of maple syrup or honey and add fruit if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!