Have your eggs and cheese too!
Just because I can’t eat eggs and cheese doesn’t meant that you shouldn’t, and in fact, eggs are a great source of MANY good-for-you nutrients, like lutein (good for your eyes), choline (good for your brain), protein, vitamins A and C… and so much more. Over time, eggs have been scrutinized for so many reasons, namely their cholesterol content. But honestly, we think eggs re pretty awesome. And in my time of suggesting eggs, I feel comfortable saying that I have not seen any adverse effects (for those who are NOT allergic to eggs) for any of the clients I’ve suggested to eat more.
When making this recipe I used some leftover spaghetti squash and added into the recipe, and then placed some other goodies on the plate too- including paleo bread, leftover avocado and simple steamed broccoli. You can make this plate whatever you like it to be, but here’s how I did it!
Enjoy this plate for breakfast, brunch or any other meal you want to eat it for.
Cheesy Scrambled Egg and Spaghetti Squash Brunch Plate
- 1 tsp olive oil for the pan
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash dill
- 3 Tbsp parm
- 2-3 pieces gluten free bread (for toast)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup broccoli steamed - with salt and olive oil
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and let the pan heat for 1-2 minutes.
- While the pan is heating, crack the eggs into a bowl and add the water, salt, pepper and dill.
- Whisk the eggs together to make your scramble.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and begin to cook- stirring occasionally- after 1-2 minutes add cheese, and spaghetti squash; continue to cook, stirring every 2-3 minutes until the eggs are your desired consistency.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare the avocado, steamed broccoli, and toast.
- Serve all on your favorite brunch plate and enjoy!