I love breakfast.
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal, but always one of the more difficult meals for me, having so many food allergies. So I love to make creations that are allergy friendly, and SO delicious- just like these blueberry muffins.
These blueberry muffins are paleo-friendly, and the only common allergen in them is egg. If you’re egg-free you can use aquafaba (from chickpeas), instead!
These muffins are easy to make, ready in under a half an hour, and I was careful not to use really obscure ingredients, in hopes that you’ll be able to whip them up in no time. Instead of using lots of sweetener I also used banana- but the good news is that in the recipe you can’t really taste the banana.
Try these muffins for breakfast or for any meal!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30-40 minutes
Makes: 8-10 muffins
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3 eggs- beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Ingredients to fold in:
- ½- ¾ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line with paper or silicone liners a muffin pan or grease (with coconut oil) a muffin tray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed and then pour on top of the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin pan and place the pan into the oven.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out completely clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool before serving.