I’ve been out of the kitchen for a bit now, and with fall fast approaching I’m feeling re-inspired to get back to baking.
First up, these delicious baked blueberry oatmeal bars. These are gluten free, dairy free, and nut free (great for a school lunch too). I’ve added extra plant-based protein to make them more filling, and can’t wait for you to try.
To add a little extra UMPH, I added some frozen blueberries, but like most of my recipes, you can add what you like/leave out what you don’t like! Originally I had also planned on adding more fruit, but wanted to keep these super simple, so here they are.
Enjoy these as a snack, a part of any meal or however you like!
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 flax eggs (1 Tbsp flaxseed + 3 Tbsp water)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 scoops protein powder (you pick-we used Orgain)
- 4 Tbsp coconut shreds (large tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup blueberries fold in
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Boil the water, and pour over the oats- allow them to sit for 10 minutes
- In a separate bowl mix together the flax egg, the honey and the water- let it all sit together
- Once the flax egg has sat (about 3 minutes) and all wet ingredients are mixed, add the other ingredients- chia seeds, protein powder, and coconut shreds.
- Stir both mixtures together and pour into the soaking oats. Mix together thoroughly
- Fold in blueberries
- Pour the entire mixture into a lightly greased baking dish (9 x 13) and place into the oven
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and then cut
- Serve and enjoy