We love meat sauce! Especially when it’s tomato free.
For all of you out there who need to be tomato free like me, this sauce is for you… and I promise you won’t be missing out on the tomato either!
This yummy and easy recipe has only a feeble ingredients and you can serve it over your favorite noodles (or veggies, or whatever!). I also love this recipe because you can also add your fave veggies or ingredients to make it your own.
We served this recipe over butternut squash noodles, but next up for me to try are carrot noodles, zucchini noodles, and just veggies. If you’re not dairy free you can also add cheese to the recipe, yum!
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb grass-fed beef
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp italian herbs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add avocado oil spray - add whole onion sauté until browned- 5-10 minutes
- While onion is cooking steam the carrots until soft (5-7 minutes)
- Place the steamed carrots in the food processor with half of the onion- in the pan that the onion was cooked now add the beef and cook until browned 7-10 minutes
- Add the olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper to the blender and blend the sauce until well mixed
- Continue to cook the beef and onion mixture- once cooked add the onion and carrot mixture and mix together - lower temperature and allow to simmer 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally- and adding the salt pepper olive oil and herbs
- 3-4 minutes before serving add the spinach and stir occasionally and continue to cook until its wilted and well mixed
- Serve with your favorite pasta or veggie noodles and add cheese or nutritional yeast