Oatmeal is my go-to breakfast (always) if you didn’t know that by this point! I’m a total oatmeal gal. So as I come up with fun and beautiful oatmeal recipes I want to share them with all you oatmeal-lovers out there. This blueberry almond oatmeal is (as always) gluten and dairy free, and loaded with ultra healthy stuff.
My main objective is balance, so that means whatever I eat, I try to make it balanced, including my oatmeal. Most often I find that clients and people in general just have oats with fruit (basically a major carb whack) and they don’t include enough protein or healthy fat in the equation.
This oatmeal has antioxidant-rich blueberries along with chia seeds that are a healthy source of fat, omega 3’s and calcium, along with almonds that contain key minerals and vitamin E that’s great for hair, nails and skin.
Blueberry Almond Oatmeal
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
- 1/2-3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1-1 1/4 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 banana
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- Dash of cinnamon
1. Add water and a dash of salt to a small/medium stock pot and bring the water to a boil.
2. Once the water is boiling, add the oats and bring the temperature to medium/low- stir every 1-2 minutes.
3. After about 10 or so minutes the oats will become more cooked and at this point add the chia seeds and banana then stir thoroughly.
4. After 1-2 minutes, remove pot from heat, pour into a bowl, then add blueberries, almonds, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
5. Serve and enjoy!
For more oatmeal options check these recipes out: