So, I’ve finally nailed this low-carb, protein-packed, gluten free waffle recipe… and here it is!
I’ve been experimenting, and experimenting and just couldn’t get it right… until now. These waffles are light and fluffy and low in carbs, so they won’t weight you down and leave you feeling like a nap.
What I love about these waffles is that they’re super easy to make, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your cabinet (if you don’t have the quinoa flour, not to worry they should turn out OK without it).
You can have these delicious waffles at breakfast or as a replacement for lunch or dinner- or even as a snack!
Enjoy and happy Sunday!
Best Ever Protein Waffles
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 3-4 waffles
- 3 eggs
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp quinoa flour
- Dash each: salt, cinnamon
- Heat the waffle iron.
- While the waffle iron is heating, mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl and fork (or whisk), or use a blender like a vitamix to blend the mixture until smooth.
- Once the waffle iron is hot, spray or use melted coconut oil to prevent the waffles from sticking.
- Add the batter and cook until done.
- Add your favorite toppings, then serve and enjoy!