This recipe was inspired by my Best Ever Protein Waffles recipe because I wanted to see if the same recipe worked for both pancakes and waffles (because it doesn’t always)! And the good news, with one or two very minor tweaks it worked perfectly!
I love these pancakes because they don’t leave you feeling weighed down or like you’re going to need a sugar-crash nap (always a good thing too!). If you don’t have quinoa flour you could use regular flour, or a smaller amount (likely about half) of a heavier flour like almond or coconut.
Enjoy these pancakes with your favorite toppings like maple syrup, jam, fruit and more!
Best Ever Protein Pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 8-10 small pancakes (about 3-4″ diameter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp quinoa flour
- Dash cinnamon and salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil per every ~3 pancakes on the skillet
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer or blender to mix the ingredients well- or use a good amount of old-fashioned elbow grease and mix it well!
- Heat a medium skillet over medium/low heat and add 1/3-1/2 tsp coconut oil then pour ~3 pancakes over the skillet and allow to cook about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Repeat oil application followed by batter until all of the batter is used up.
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings.
For more breakfast ideas see here!