Hello beet juice!
This juice is both delicious and a great source of nutrients and hydrating electrolytes. This juice packs many key healthy nutrients and contains a ton of potential health benefits.
Here’s the skinny on beet juice for your workout…
Besides being nutrient packed, this juice is also great for pre exercise-as beet juice has been found helpful in prompting improved stamina in endurance athletes- running, cycling etc. Beets contain a certain type of nitrate (that is then converted to nitrite) that has been found to help with functions including blood flow, muscle contraction and neurotransmission.
Health properties of this juice…
Electrolytes are key for proper hydration as they play an important role in allowing fluid to get into an out of tissues.
- Beets: Natural sodium and potassium (key electrolytes).
- Celery: Natural sodium.
The ingredients in this juice are also loaded with antioxidants and cancer-fighting properties.
- Beets: Rich source of the nutrient anthocyanin that is anti-inflammatory and acts as a major antioxidant in the body.
- Pear: Source of cancer-fighting quercitin. Quercitin is a member of the flavonoid family and has been found to be beneficial when it comes to protecting DNA from damage. The quercitin is found mostly in the peel- so don’t peel it!
- Ginger: Ginger contains a compound called gingerol that is a source of antioxidants and may provide protection to our cells from damage that naturally occurs within the body. Ginger is also helpful for soothing upset stomachs too.
- Beets: Anthocyanin again here is a great source of anti-inflammatory properties and has been found to be particularly beneficial in promoting anti-inflammation in the heart and blood vessels.
- Ginger: Gingerols in ginger contain powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help to keep our cells and bodies healthy.
Beet and Celery Juice
- Prep time: 2-3 minutes
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 1, 16-20 oz serving
- 3-4 stalks celery
- 3 small beets, peeled
- 1 pear, cored
- 1-inch ginger
- (optional: 1/2 juiced lime)
- Wash and prepare all ingredients.
- Put produce through the juicer- recommended to put the harder produce (beets) through first on a higher setting and finish with the watery-produce (celery).
- Enjoy the juice! Store the juice in the fridge for 24-72 hours and in the freezer for up to 7-10 days.