Pancakes are totally a favorite of mine- especially when they’re low carb, gluten free and dairy free! These banana paleo pancakes are delicious, light and low carb, so they won’t leave you feeling like you just ate a brick- nor will they make you feel like you need a nap.
Pay attention to your toppings when finishing off the recipe. This means avoiding loading up the pancakes with lots of sugar from syrup and other sweet toppings.
Make this recipe for breakfast, as a snack or even for dessert.
Banana Paleo Pancakes
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 15-20 minutes
- Makes: 9-10 small pancakes (3″) or 6 medium/large pancakes (4-5″)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (for pan)
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana, mashed with a fork
- 1/6 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- Dash cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
1. Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat.
2. While the pan is heating, add the eggs, mashed banana, coconut flour, almond milk, dash of cinnamon and salt to a blender or food processor and blend/process for 20-30 seconds or until smooth; set aside.
3. Grease the warm pan with the coconut oil- tilting the pan so that the oil disperses evenly.
4. Pour the batter into the heated pan, either into smaller 3″ pancakes or a few larger, 5″ pancakes.
5. Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the edges are browned.
6. Serve the pancakes with your favorite fruit and toppings- pictured above the pancakes were served with blueberries, coconut shreds and cinnamon.