I’m always looking for healthy and easy dinners to make, and this one was certainly just that! This balsamic chicken with vegetables recipe is easy, healthy and perhaps the best part is that you can add your favorite vegetables into the dish, and serve it any way you like (with a salad, by itself etc).
This dish could also be made using a slow cooker or crock pot, however I chose to make it using the stovetop. Another important thing to note about this recipe (and all of my recipes) is that I am transitioning to use avocado oil to cook with as it has a higher smoke point than olive oil, and it’s also super important to be mindful to use higher-quality chicken like organic or that from a place (like Whole Foods) that’s conscious of their quality. There’s a lot of “stuff” in the meat these days so it’s important to make sure that you’re staying aware and aiming to get the healthiest quality possible.
Enjoy this healthy and delicious (and easy) chicken dish!
Balsamic Chicken with Vegetables
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30-45 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- (optional) 1 cup kale, off the stem
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing (1/4 cup olive oil + 3-4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar + 1-2 Tbsp honey)
- Heat avocado oil in a medium/large skillet for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the pan is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add garlic, tomatoes, carrots and mushrooms to the skillet and cover, allowing to cook for about 10 minutes.
- After about 10 minutes add balsamic dressing and simmer for 15-20 minutes, covered.
- After 15-20 minutes on simmer, remove from pan and serve chicken with extra sauce from the pan, option to serve with a green salad.