I love this salad!
This is often what my lunch looks like- it’s SIMPLE, and it’s made from tasty and easy to prep ingredients, and most of all, it keeps me full all afternoon long.
If i’m not full throughout my afternoon, it’s impossible to stay energized, so I rely on really good food to keep me feeling good- like this salad.
You can certainly make this salad your own, and add your own dressing, but you can start with the base that I have here and personalize it as you wish!
It’s gluten free, dairy free, nut free, paleo-friendly, and ready to eat.
Simple Spring Asparagus and Chicken Salad
- 1 cup bibb or mixed greens lettuces (we used Gotham Greens - "ugly greens"
- 1/4 cup brussles sprouts, shredded (and raw)
- 1/2 cup asparagus, steamed and chopped
- 3-4 oz chicken, roasted or boiled and shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- pinch fresh herbs
- In a bowl, mix together veggie ingredients (lettuces, asparagus, brussles sprouts) (simply steam the asparagus before adding to the salad)
- Add the chicken, then add salt and pepper as well as any herbs and spices then add the olive oil, lemon juice as well as salt and pepper
- Serve and enjoy!