I’m a sucker for something sweetand somewhat healthy, so I decided that I’d try to make brownies that aren’t all so terrible for you. Granted, I don’t recommend eating these all day every day, but on occasion here’s a great and easy recipe for 3 ingredient vegan brownies that you can use to satisfy your occasional sweet tooth.
The key to keeping these is to make sure you keep them in the fridge or freezer most of the time, because they’re missing the grains that hold them together, they can get a little mushy if not kept in the fridge (hey, some of you may like that as well!).
You can also sub the apple sauce for pear-sauce and you can also sub out the peanut butter for almond butter or your favorite nut butter otherwise!
3 Ingredient Vegan Brownies
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Makes: 8 brownies
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (organic, minimally processed of course)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- (optional) Sprinkled in cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the apple sauce, cocoa powder and peanut butter (or other nut butter)- and mix together until well mixed.
- Fold in the optional additions (as above) if you so choose!
- Pour the batter into a pyrex dish (I used a 3″ x 8″ dish)- and place the dish into the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until you can remove a toothpick (or a fork) clean.
- Let the brownies cool for 20 minutes or so, then place in the fridge to allow them to set- the longer the better.
- Once they’re set (about an hour or so- but more if you have time!)- cut and serve!
For more tasty dessert recipes click here!