I’ve had a lot of clients ask me for thanksgiving plate tips.
Some of you want to eat what you want (and you should!), and for the rest of you who really want more direction, this is for you.
Like everything else, sometimes we do better with more freedom, and sometimes we do better with more structure.
If you do better with more freedom… eat what you ENJOY and enjoy it all!
If you would like more structure, I’m here for you, and here’s how I suggest setting it up.
First, pick the items you really want:
- What are they?
- Cranberry sauce
- … think of all the things you really want to have
- Think of what things matter the most to you from that list of what you really want
- Put it on your plate and take a look at it…. what else is missing?
Then, let’s start to lay it out…
My suggestion is to plan your plate like this:
1/3 of the plate: Starch
- sweet potatoes
- grains (rice, pasta/ mac and cheese)
1/3 of the plate: Veggie (non-starchy)
- green beans
- brussles sprouts
- … any other veggie that’s non-starchy
1/3 of the plate: Protein
- non-meat turkey
- red meat
Next, take another look, is everything on there that you want? If not, add it! It’s only thanksgiving once, and if you need parameters for how much you can put on there, keep it to 10%.