Happy International Women’s Day!
We have a few tips for you ladies on this day (but honestly you should practice them all the time!
Written by our wonderful intern, Kathleen, thanks Kathleen- you help us here at ISN so much and we appreciate you so much!
5 Ways to Celebrate International Women’s Day
When you think of strong, amazing women in your life, who comes to mind? I am sure you can list at least a few! Hopefully you think of yourself this way as well. As a day to celebrate women, we’ve come up with ways to love yourself and appreciate all that you do.
- Reach out to those other amazing women you have in your life and tell them how important they are to you. This is a wonderful way to express gratitude! You will feel just as good taking the time to tell these women how happy you are to have them in your life as happy as they will be to hear it from you.
- Make time today to do something that you love! Whether it be cooking your favorite meal, going to your favorite fitness class, favorite restaurant, etc. Maybe go with a girlfriend or a few.
- Take some time to write down things that you love about yourself. So often as women we pick ourselves apart. What if we obsessed about the things we LOVE about ourselves the same way we sometimes obsess about the things we don’t like about ourselves? Try it today. It might feel uncomfortable at first, but I bet you walk away from that list feeling empowered!
- Feel PROUD to be who you are. When you invite this kind of positive energy into your life, you will bring that to those around you and encourage them to do the same. Continue to surround yourself with women who support you, lift you up, challenge you, and encourage you to be the best version of you every single day. In return, be that person for the women you know and love 🙂 We all need to be there for each other!
- Pamper yourself. We spend so much time avoiding spending money or finding reasons why we shouldn’t indulge ourselves, but today – think of a thing that makes you happy to do (massage, pedicure, gym class)- and treat yourself. We only have one glorious life, so we need to treat ourselves kindly.
Check out this post on how to promote self love!
About the author!
We’re so excited to have Kathleen interning for us here at ISN! Kathleen graduated from UMass Amherst in May with her BS in Nutrition and Dietetics. She is starting her Dietetic Internship in NYC March 2018! Growing up she knew she wanted to work in a field that allowed her to help others, and as she got older she became more drawn to the health and wellness world. Kathleen knew she found her calling from her very first nutrition class at UMass and knew she wanted to be a RD. She is passionate about leading an active, healthy lifestyle, intuitive eating, and recently acquired her 200 hour yoga teacher certification. Kathleen is so excited to share her passion with all of you!