In celebration of our latest announcement- that we’re going to be talking a LOT more hormones, I want to give you a little teaser of some major topics we’ll be covering coming up.
So to kick it off… here’s 7 simple things you can do to improve hormone health.
1. Drink more water: Cortisol may be elevated form not drinking enough!
2. Eat every 3-4 hours: It’s key for proper blood sugar control and insulin control
3. Include more zinc: It’s important for healthy thyroid hormone production (T3 and T4!)
4. Drink fewer caffeinated beverages: Too much can zap the adrenals- and because caffeine can concurrently increase cortisol and insulin release.
5. Eat more tryptophan foods: Like chocolate (yippee!), eggs, oats, almonds, pineapple; they may help promote production of serotonin that’s a precursors to melatonin – helpful for sleep!
6. Increase dopamine by eating more tyrosine foods: Like bananas, avocados, eggs, almonds, beans. Dopamine is the feel good hormone that we love so much.
7. Hey dudes include more of these foods for healthy testosterone: Cruciferous veggies, oysters, oranges, pomegranate, eggs. Don’t forget to de-stress, exercise and get enough sleep- it helps too.