This exercise circuit is designed to help you torch major calories, get moving, and do so in an efficient time. One of my favorite ways to workout is with high intensity interval training or H.I.I.T and I really love Tabata-style workouts. Traditionally in a Tabata-style workout you would do, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for 6-8 total rounds. This way you are encouraged to push yourself as hard as you can then rest and get back at it.
Enjoy this quick workout!
What you’ll need:
- Stop-watch (use your phone)
- Water bottle
- Mat (you can use a towel)
- Minutes 0-2: Warm up- jog in place 30 seconds, walk in place 30 seconds
- Minutes 2-6: Tabata 1 (20 seconds exercise 1 — 10 seconds rest — 20 seconds exercise 2: Repeat 4 times)
- Exercise 1: Run in place
- Exercise 2: Jumping jacks
- Minutes 6-7: Recover: Hold plank for 10 seconds on, rest for 10 seconds, then repeat for 1 minute
- Minutes 7-11: Tabata 2 (20 seconds exercise 1 — 10 seconds rest — 20 seconds exercise 2: Repeat 4 times)
- Exercise 1: Body weight squats
- Exercise 2: Push ups
- Minutes 11-12: Recover: Jog or walk in place
- Minutes 12-14: Shortened Tabata (20 seconds exercise 1 — 10 seconds rest — 20 seconds exercise 2: Repeat 2 times)
- Exercise 1: Forearm plank
- Exercise 2: Bicycle abs- keep lower back flat on the ground, legs between 90 and 45 degrees with the ground- alternate right elbow toward left knee, then left elbow toward right knee- keep abs tight and breath out with each change in leg.
- Minutes 14-15: Cool down
Option to repeat two or three times if you can and want to!