Hello breakfast! I love you. And I love these vegan pumpkin pancakes too. I have tried 10,000 times to make delish and simple (healthy) pancake recipes, and finally I’ve got a WINNER! Not only because this recipe is so easy, but also because the pancakes actually have some wonderful nutritional components too.
Oats are the binder in this recipe, but I also used banana and a touch of pureed pumpkin- which add both heart healthy potassium, some gut healthy properties and a whole lot of yum.
Top these pancakes with your favorite toppings- like fruit and some organic maple syrup.
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
Prep time: 5-10 minutes:
Total time: 15-30 minutes
Makes: 6 pancakes
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 heaping Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup + 1 tsp almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or less), divided- for the skillet
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together with a whisk or utensil until well mixed (or actually, skip this step if you are going to do step 2- but step 2 is an optional step).
- Put the mixture in your food processor and process lightly until the oats look more instant oats and the mixture is less lump (but not smooth).
- Heat a medium skillet over low heat and add 1 tsp olive oil (or less if you don’t think it’ll stick)- for about a minute.
- Using a Tbsp- take about 1 heaping Tbsp of the batter and place on the skillet- and smooth out to a round pancake shape and spread so that the pancakes are only about 1/2 inch thick or so.
- Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes per side or until there are bubbles formed, and/or the edges look cooked- then flip.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for the entirety of the batter.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
For more pancake and breakfast recipes click here!