Salmon is a food I’ve been trying to eat more of (wild of course!) because it’s loaded with healthy omega 3 fatty acids that has benefits for brain health, mood, and more. These easy salmon burgers with smashed avocado spread are so yummy- they’re definitely worth making!
Try to make these easy burgers for any meal, and the best part is that you’ll likely have leftovers (also a great thing for helping you stay on track with your healthy eating routine later in the week!). If you don’t like or want avocado on top of your burger you can also add some of your other favorite toppings- like a healthy mayonnaise or other favorite burger topping.
Enjoy this yummy recipe!
Salmon Burgers with Smashed Avocado Spread
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
Makes: 8 burgers (4-inch diameter)
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon (raw, wild if possible- skin removed)- pulsed in a food processor or vitamix
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 Tbsp herbs de provence
- 1 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 avocado
For the burgers:
- Combine all ingredients (except for the avocado oil and avocado) in a mixing bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the avocado oil (unless you need two pans, then divide the oil- 1/2 in each pan)- and allow to heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the burgers in the heated pan (they should be about 4″ in diameter)- and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes per side (flip half way through).
- Cook the burgers until they’re cooked to desired amount then remove from the pan and place aside to cool.
For the avocado smash:
- In a small bowl, cut the avocado in half and smash with a fork.
- Serve on top of the salmon burgers- and enjoy!
Serve your burger with your favorite sides- as pictured above, roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus and an easy arugula salad!