I made these yummy pink paleo macaroons for Valentines Day this year- and they were a hit! They’re so easy to make and also so delicious. You can pair these easy to make treats with your favorite dinner- or have them as a snack or part of any meal.
I love macaroons in particular because they have more healthy fat and protein than other cookies (especially this recipe)- so they’re more filling- and they’re also typically a little lower in sugar, so it doesn’t leave you feeling like you have a sugar high (always a good thing!).
You can skip the beet juice to avoid making them pink (if you want to make them for another occasion)- and you can also add cacao powder for a chocolate flavor if you like!
Enjoy these treats and Happy Valentines Day!
Pink Paleo Macaroons
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20-30 minutes
Makes: 15 macaroons
- 4 egg whites, whisked
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetend
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp beet juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites, and add a pinch of salt- about 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, then carefully fold ingredients together.
- Form 1-2 inch balls on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy!