Happy Holidays! I love peppermint bark, especially when made at home and with our favorite ingredients (you can add anything you like to the bark!). It’s so festive and SO easy to make. The hardest part about this bark is not eating the whole thing!
For alternate recipes, I’ve used pretzels and other crunchy yummy additions- you can try those here instead of the peppermint for a variation. You can also choose to use a different variation of chocolate. You can make this yummy recipe for all of your holiday guests to enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes (after setting in the fridge is closer to 1-2 hours)
Makes: 10-12 pieces
- 1, 12 oz bag dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 1, 12 oz bag milk chocolate chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint stick
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler (2-4 minutes over medium heat)- or melt in microwave 30 seconds, 2 or so times.
- Pour the dark chocolate onto the baking sheet and press in 1/2 of the peppermint chunks.
- Begin to melt the milk chocolate – over the double boiler or using the microwave, depending on preference.
- Once melted, pour the milk chocolate over the already poured and setting dark chocolate with crushed candy cane.
- Add the rest of the candy cane pieces crushed up to the bark – and press into the chocolate, gently.
- Allow the bark to cool and set (a few hours)- or you can refrigerate for 1-2 hours to allow to set.
- Once set, break the bark apart, then serve and enjoy!
Want more desserts? Click here!