Making dinner every night can be super boring, especially if you’re gluten and dairy free like me! However, with just a few little tweaks to some classic recipes you too can make your every night meal a lot more fun, and healthier too.
This recipe is a spin off of another recipe that I made- Easy Beef Burgers– except here I used turkey meat and made turkey-based burgers instead of the beef based ones- so they’re a little lighter, but still so very tasty! I also sometimes really miss having a little starchy bun around my cute little burgers- so I tried the (very easy) addition of adding some roasted sweet potato slices as buns (with some hella good toppings on the burger too). The sweet potato totally makes this easy recipe even that much more delish!
Try these delish mini turkey sliders with sweet potato bun (and a whole lot of YUM!)- and while enjoying them can know that they’re gluten free, dairy free, healthy, paleo and whole 30. So let’s get making them!
Mini Turkey Sliders with Sweet Potato Bun
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes: 8 sliders
For the buns:
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, sliced to 1/4 inch thick (or so)
- 1 sheet parchment paper
For the burgers:
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 Tbsp tsp avocado oil- 1 tsp for the shallot, 2 for the burgers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 2 tsp herbs de provence
- Dash salt and pepper
For the toppings:
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Your favorite condiments (I used Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Vegan Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, Spinach)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash and prepare the sweet potato then lay the slices out on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the tray in the oven and allow to cook for about 15 minutes per side (flip)- total about 30 minutes- don’t add oil otherwise they’ll get soggy!
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat a small frying pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- Sautee the shallot in the small pan, until golden brown- remove from heat (about 2-3 minutes).
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the shallot with the rest of the burger ingredients and mix together with hands- then form about 8 patties (they’ll be small!).
- Heat a medium (or two) pans over medium heat, and add the remaining oil.
- Add the burgers to the pans and cook for about 12 minutes- flip half way through- and because this is poultry the burgers should be cooked through.
- Remove the cooked sweet potato slices from the oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes; mash the avocado and prepare the other toppings for the burgers.
- Remove the cooked burgers from the oven and set up the mini sliders each with 2 sweet potato slices, mashed avocado and your favorite toppings.
- Serve them and enjoy!! They’re so tasty!