This delicious recipe was inspired by one of my absolute favorite places- Dig Inn. They make the most delicious (rather addicting!) maple sriracha brussels sprouts- so I thought I’d see if I could take chance at trying to make them just like they do… and in fact I was successful!
I absolutely love brussels sprouts – they’re loaded with fiber and healthy nutrients like folate (mood-healthy), vitamin K, immune-boosting vitamin C, and anti-cancer sulfur-based nutrients that are also good for helping the liver to cleanse itself. In short, you definitely want to be eating brussels sprouts!
Spicy foods like sriracha, cayenne and other hot spices are also good for giving your metabolism a little bit of a boost- and during cold winter months they’re also good for warming you up a little as well.
Finally (but certainly not least!), maple syrup (you can also use honey) in this recipe is a source of antioxidants. You want to buy the maple syrup that’s darker in color (same thing for honey) because it contains more nutrients when it has a darker color.
Enjoy this tasty and easy recipe!
Maple Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20-30 minutes
Makes: 3-4 servings
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved then sliced a little thinner (allows for quicker cooking)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1-2 maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare the Brussels sprouts.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat and add the avocado oil – allowing the oil to heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the hot pan and continue to stir every few minutes for 8-10 minutes- they’ll start to get soft.
- When the Brussels sprouts are starting to get soft, add the sriracha and maple and continue to stir every few minutes- until the Brussels sprouts are soft all the way through. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!