It’s Monday, the week is busy, and you’re likely not looking forward to slaving over your dinner in the kitchen. I get it, I feel that way all the time (even though it may not seem so :)). I like things to be super easy so that I can sit down and put my feet up while cooking (surprising huh?!). When the end of the day comes around, I’m usually tired and really looking forward to some relaxing time; so here’s your solution- easy lemon baked salmon!
This easy lemon baked salmon recipe (along with many of my other recipes) are quick, low-maintenance recipes that you can do while also doing something else (my favorite way to cook!). I also love recipes that are easy to follow and if you forget an ingredient or two it won’t wreck the whole thing. So this recipe falls into every one of the categories I just mentioned- easy to follow, low maintenance, and if you forget one of the ingredients it won’t screw you up. Perfect for easy weeknight cooking!
Here’s a few ideas for what you can pair this salmon dish with:
Easy Lemon Baked Salmon
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: About 3 servings
- 1 lb salmon (wild if able!)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- (optional) 1 roma tomato, sliced
- Dash salt and pepper
- Your favorite herbs and spices: I used herbs de provence here
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In an oven-proof dish or pan place your salmon (you can use parchment under the salmon if you want!)
3. Drizzle olive oil (about 1-2 tsp for ~1 lb- salmon has plenty of its own oil!).
4. Rub in a dash of salt and pepper.
5. Slice 1 roma tomato (optional- or just the lemon) and 1 lemon and lay slices ontop of the salmon (as above).
6. Sprinkle with your favorite herbs and spices – here, herbs de Provence!
7. Bake for ~20-25 minutes and then allow to sit for about 5 minutes
8. Serve and enjoy!